URBAN II was an EU support program, which built on the first funding period (URBAN I) from 1994-1999 in the 2000-2006 funding period. The financing of non-investment measures should improve the urban situation of cities with more than 20,000 inhabitants. With the help of a total budget of 730€ million earmarked for URBAN II from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the program addresses issues such as crime, unemployment and pollution.
On behalf of the City of Leipzig, bgh. was involved in the framework of URBAN II “Leipzig West”, with Astrid Heck acting as coordinator of the focus area “urban space qualities” (about 7.5 million €).
- Development of concept
- Identification, evaluation, preparation and implementation of projects
- Moderation of the working group “urban spatial qualities”
- citizen participation in the context of the topic urban spatial qualities
- Participation in public relations
- Reporting to licensing authorities and public
Commissioned by: City of Leipzig, Office for Urban Renewal and Housing Development (ASW)