The process of urban renewal in Leipzig has progressed since 1990 and has led to great successes. An important instrument was, and still is, the urban development subsidy programmes, which are used to redevelop areas of the City of Leipzig, with measures implemented in private buildings as well as improvements in the residential environment (Urban renewal program – Städtebauliche Erneuerung).
The regular updating of the renewal targets serves to review the progress of specified measures and adapt the strategies to the changing conditions in urban development. The need for action is also reflected in the concept “Leipzig 2020 – Integrated urban development concept (SEKo)”.
The following services were provided:
- Inventory and analysis
- Proposals for the further development of the redevelopment area
- Specification and continuation of the restructuring concept
- Integrated action concepts for five action fields
- Development of a concept for process control and marketing strategy
- Communication, citizen participation and reporting.
Commissioned by: City of Leipzig, Office of Urban Renewal and Residential Construction Subsidies (ASW)
Cooperation partner: urban management systems (u.m.s.) GmbH