Since 2017, the project „Integration durch Initiativmanagement“ (INTIGRA), Integration through Initiative Management, is implemented in Mockau, one of Leipzig’s districts. This project represents Leipzig’s response to the call for projects of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety on the topic „Stadtentwicklung und Migration“ Urban Development and Migration. Bürogemeinschaft Gauly & Volgmann is involved as a project partner of the Office of Urban Renewal and Residential Construction Subsidies of the City of Leipzig.
The main tasks in this project are:
- Testing new methods of participation in neighbourhoods with the aim of strengthening the local social cohesion
- Support and development of networking with local actors in the district to activate endogenous potentials
- Understanding integration within its social context, focusing on 3 target groups: people with a migrant background, refugees and socioeconomic vulnerable people.
- Establishment of cost-effective local management structures and implementation of pilot projects
- Checking the transferability of the knowledge gained to other districts and cities
At the beginning of September 2018, the “Bunter Mockauer Sommer” took place. For a week a green space in the center of Mockau was used as venue for various activities jointly developed by the City of Leipzig, numerous local initiatives and institutions. The idea for the Bunter Mockauer Sommer originated in the regular stakeholder workshops in the district – out of the desire to create a (temporary) meeting place for Mockau inhabitants and to connect the district’s institutions more strongly with each other.
Commissioned by: City of Leipzig, Office of Urban Renewal and Residential Construction Subsidies (ASW)